NHS have launched the ‘Stay Well This Winter’ campaign highlighting the dangers of bad winter conditions on our health, especially for people aged 65 or over, and people with long-term conditions.
The campaign aims to promote wellbeing throughout the winter months providing winter health advice, information about winter illnesses and where to seek help should you need it.
‘Stay Well This Winter’ focusses on raising awareness of the following actions so together we can help everyone stay well this winter:
- Seeking immediate advice from a pharmacist as soon as they feel unwell, before it gets too serious
- Collecting prescriptions before 24 December
- Completing the full course of any prescribed medicines
- Keeping as warm as they can
- Making sure to get a flu vaccination
- Stocking up on winter food supplies
- Keeping an eye on elderly or frail friends, neighbours and relatives
Bluebird Care support this important campaign, in particular promoting wellbeing in people aged 65yrs and over. The majority of our customers fall into that age bracket, and likewise with our own upcoming ‘Winter Warmth’ campaign, we encourage raising awareness to take care this winter.
For more information and advice, visit the ‘Stay Well This Winter’ website.